This is intended to be an approximate outline of the process for securing a lease of property at the Delano Municipal Airport. Special conditions or requests may require deviation from this process. Any amendment or assignment of an existing lease will follow a similar process of approval.
- Interested party sends a letter to the Transportation Services Manager stating interest, the parcel of interest, and the intended purpose.
- Upon receipt of the letter of interest, the Transportation Services Manager will send a response letter regarding the current status of the parcel; leased, in the negotiation stages or available. If the parcel is available, a packet of information will be sent including a sample lease and other data specific to the parcel(s) of interest. The date of this letter will commence a 45-day time period guaranteeing non-negotiation with subsequent interested parties. Lease proposals are handled on a first come-first served basis. Therefore, if there is prior proposal submitted to the City, applicants are advised accordingly, and notified that they will be put on the list, and, if the prior applicant is unsuccessful, the City will notify the next-in-line applicant of their opportunity to submit a proposal for the site and negotiate an appropriate lease.
- If the information sent by the Transportation Services Manager confirms interest in the Parcel, a response and draft business plan are expected within the 45 days. This will secure the position of first in line until such time as either the lease is executed or it is determined that there is no longer a potential lease on the table.
- If there are numerous negotiable terms, a preliminary meeting is arranged to discuss lease terms.
- Once the City and the applicant agree upon the terms, the final lease and memorandum are prepared for review and requested approval by the full City Council.
- Following approval, four originals of the Lease Agreement, one Memorandum of Lease and the Resolution are executed and sealed. The Memorandum of Lease is recorded and filed with the County Clerk Recorder.
- The Lease may be recorded by the Lessee at their option. Recordation of the Memorandum of Lease will be done by the City and satisfies legal requirements for the City of Delano.
Note: Rent must be paid to the City by the begining of each month. See Tenant Billing & Lease Questions if you have any questions regarding your rent.